Monday, 1 October 2012

First Impressions of the Course and Assignment 1

    Since this is my first entry of my very first blog, I've decided to begin by expressing how I feel about this course. To be honest, taking this course is really frightening. I was worried that I would get the same professor that I had before (I just couldn't follow along with the way he taught. I've had extremely great difficulties in the past and had to experience overwhelming stress. Seeing that Danny Heap was my instructor, it was as if I won the lottery. I've had Danny before for another course and he definitely explains course material and examples really well. Now back to assignment 1 handout, it seems that I really need to pay more attention to reading the question...let's just say that I was extremely confused reading question 1. It may seem ridiculous but it's probably because I haven't spent any time in summer doing educational things. I was reading the line "Use Complete Induction to prove that a^2 ternary tree...", I can't express the frustration I had while reading this part but after I realized that it was only a footnote rather than an exponent I just felt dumbfounded and laughed for 5 minutes. I've definitely learnt from my mistake and that next time I should analyse the page first. This year I am actually doing my homework and practice questions, also I've learned that attending tutorials does help! I've found that solving proofs actually bring a sense of accomplishment to me and now I can finally see why people need proofs. Well, this is the end of my very first entry, I hope you enjoyed reading about my experiences and please tune in next time for my next entry.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I might indicate footnotes with a different symbol. You've got the right attitude for this course.

    ReplyDelete